Launch Internship, Summer 2021 - Location Flexible
Do you ever wonder how to get technical experience when even internships require considerable experience?
The Dropbox Launch Program is a technical internship geared towards students who are looking for their first substantial internship and a kick-start to their professional career - no prior experience required! Dropbox Launch is open to students of all backgrounds, and we strongly encourage applicants from historically underrepresented groups in technology to apply.
Dropbox Launch aims to provide you with a 12 week immersive experience with multiple layers of mentorship and support. Each Launch intern is paired with a dedicated mentor committed to guiding their learning and development throughout the summer. Our goal is to provide participants with an incredible and practical learning opportunity (not to mention the huge variety of social events that help interns meet friends, colleagues, and networks for life!) and help students apply university teachings to industry engineering. And if that wasn’t enough, Dropbox Launch interns are given a learning allowance to apply towards their development during the summer.
As a Dropbox Launch intern, there are many different types of roles and teams that you can have an impact on. However, all Launch interns will take part in the following:
- Project: Complete a technical project over the course of 12 weeks and have the chance to present your project and insights with peers and senior Dropboxers.
- Learning & Development: Dropbox is invested in Launch interns’ overall success and will give you numerous opportunities to attend in office talks, workshops & panels with industry leaders. Launch interns will also receive a learning budget to further their education outside of their internship.
- Mentorship: Receive 1:1 mentorship from Dropbox engineers who will oversee your progress and development. Launch interns additionally have the opportunity to be paired with another mentor from our Employee Resource Groups such as Pridebox, Latin-X, Women@, Asians@ and Black Dropboxers!
- Community: From playing bubble soccer and taking cooking classes, to giving back through Dropbox for Good, our interns are able to build lasting relationships with a diverse group of Dropboxers and other interns during their summer in San Francisco.
- Currently a second-year student in a Bachelor’s degree program
- Pursuing a computer science (or similar) degree
- You are 18 years or older by commencement of internship program (May 2021)
- No prior software engineering experience or internships
- Programming experience in Python (or other object-oriented programming languages)