About Company :
- Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
- Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
- There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Collaborate with fellow mobile developers to develop, build, test, and release high quality apps to our merchants.
- Ensure Square works right, every time, by using testing, continuous integration, and in-depth code reviews
- Create interactions and APIs that promote trust, increase security, and make it harder to do the wrong thing
- Contribute to the success of your team's projects and development
- Envision entire new products, features, and flows that are inspired, considered, and magical
Skills Needed & Who can apply?
- Available for a full-time 12-week internship opportunity for Summer 2023. We also have co-op placements for 16 weeks.
- Upcoming graduation date between December 2023 and August 2025 and are completing a degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math or related technical field. Bootcamp graduates and engineering training participants are also encouraged to apply within 6 months of completing program requirements.
- Previous internship or project experience building apps for Android or iOS, preferred
- Programming experience in one or more object-oriented languages, including: Kotlin, Swift, Java, Python, Go