About Company :
- Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
- Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
- There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Reliability: Ensure Square works right, every time, by using testing, continuous integration, and in-depth code reviews
- Security: Create interactions and APIs that promote trust, increase security, and make it harder to do the wrong thing
- Analytics: Collect all the data around every transaction and turn it into tools that help our users
- Products: Envision entire new products, features, and flows that are inspired, considered, and magical
- Fraud Prevention: Make quick decisions on millions of dollars which requires diligence and passion for detecting bad actors and preventing loss
Skills Needed & Who can apply?:
- Pursuing degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math or related technical field, graduating between December 2023 and May 2025. Recent bootcamp graduates and engineering training participants are also considered within six months of completing program/training requirements
- Programming experience in one or more object-oriented languages such as: Java, Python, Ruby, Go, Kotlin, Swift, C, and C++
- Square internships are 12-weeks and co-op placements are 16 weeks, available for Summer 2023