About the Team
The Marketplace team is working on challenging machine learning problems including Search, Discovery and Computational advertising to build great experiences for all our users, consumers, advertisers and dashers. Each team within the org is working on problems end-to-end, owning the problem from drawing board to delivering the solution into production.
About the Role
As a MLE intern at Doordash, you’ll work on tackling new challenges in machine learning and artificial intelligence. You’ll conduct research that can be applied across Doordash engineering teams and engage in external collaborations and mentoring, while also performing research in any of the following areas: Auction, Game theory, Recommender systems and big data analytics. We offer a 12-week summer internship program in our San Francisco, Mountain View and New York offices.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Contribute and execute on research ideas that can be applied and used to improve product experience at Doordash.
- Collect, analyze, and synthesize findings from data and build ML models.
- Write clean, efficient, and sustainable code.
- Use cutting-edge research in ML/AI, NLP, RecSys, Ranking, Ad Tech, Graph analysis to solve real-world problems across discovery, ads and search experiences at Doordash.
We’re excited about you because you…
- Are working towards a MS/PhD degree in Computer Science, ML, NLP, Statistics, Information Sciences or related field
- Have a mastery of at least one systems languages (Java, C++, Python, Kotlin, GoLang) or one ML framework (Tensorflow, Pytorch, MLFlow)
- Have experience in research and in solving analytical problems
- Are a strong communicator and team player.
- Have a passion for applied ML and the Doordash product
- Ideally have worked on publications in machine learning, AI, data science, data analytics, statistics, or related technical fields
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.