REGENT is building the seaglider; the first electric flying machine that will transport commercial passengers. With a vehicle that never flies higher than a few meters off the water, we unlock the ability to fly twice as far as an electric aircraft, and certification by maritime authorities which will let us fly first passengers within 5 years.
We are actively hiring passionate team members who can help us get our vehicle to market as quickly and safely as possible. We are backed by the world’s best investors: the same investors who are behind SpaceX, Palantir, Boom Supersonic, and more. We have over $6B in provisional orders from some of the industry’s largest operators and are hitting the ground running.
Working at REGENT, you’ll be in a fast-paced environment with exciting new challenges daily and abundant opportunities for growth. Your coworkers are passionate about building zero-emission, high-speed seagliders that will revolutionize coastal transportation. Our small team works collaboratively and across disciplines to safely marry the latest technologies from aviation, aerospace and nautical engineering. REGENT offers competitive benefits including healthcare, dental, and vision plans as well as an employee equity incentive plan.
This exciting internship position within our aerodynamics design group will focus primarily on the aerodynamic and acoustic design optimization of the propellers for use on REGENT’s upcoming seagliders. As an aerodynamics intern you will build on your knowledge of fundamental theories to carry out world-class high fidelity computational fluid dynamics that will enable you to optimize for our wing in ground effect design space.
- In progress bachelor’s degree rising senior or senior in one of the following fields: Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or equivalent technical fields.
- Desire to work and grow within fast paced startup aerodynamics team.
- Experience with XFOIL, XROTOR or other foil and rotor low fidelity design tools.
- Introductory course to computational fluid dynamics, computational aeroacoustics, and use of commercial or open source CFD codes.
- Proficiency with computational job creation, execution, and post processing via high performance computing.
- Experience with process scripting in python.
- Involvement with university Formula SAE team, preferably on the aerodynamics team.
REGENT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
This internship opportunity requires you to be on-site full-time at our headquarters located in North Kingstown, RI.