REGENT is building the seaglider; the first electric flying machine that will transport commercial passengers. With a vehicle that never flies higher than a few meters off the water, we unlock the ability to fly twice as far as an electric aircraft, and certification by maritime authorities which will let us fly first passengers within 5 years.
We are actively hiring passionate team members who can help us get our vehicle to market as quickly and safely as possible. We are backed by the world’s best investors: the same investors who are behind SpaceX, Palantir, Boom Supersonic, and more. We have over $6B in provisional orders from some of the industry’s largest operators and are hitting the ground running.
Working at REGENT, you’ll be in a fast-paced environment with exciting new challenges daily and abundant opportunities for growth. Your coworkers are passionate about building zero-emission, high-speed seagliders that will revolutionize coastal transportation. Our small team works collaboratively and across disciplines to safely marry the latest technologies from aviation, aerospace and nautical engineering. REGENT offers competitive benefits including healthcare, dental, and vision plans as well as an employee equity incentive plan.
This exciting internship position within our aerodynamics design group will focus primarily on the data analysis and post processing of our world-class computational fluid dynamics simulations that drive the design of REGENT’s upcoming seagliders. As an aerodynamics intern you will utilize your knowledge of aerodynamics and computer science to develop tools for analyzing simulation results. The tools that you develop will effectively translate simulation results into organized data sets to be used in design and correlation.
- In progress bachelor’s degree rising senior or senior in one of the following fields: Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or equivalent technical fields.
- Desire to work and grow within fast paced startup aerodynamics team.
- Introductory course to computational fluid dynamics and use of commercial or open source CFD codes.
- Experience with computational post processing products such as Paraview or other commercial codes.
- Experience with python programming language and scripting
- Involvement with university Formula SAE team, preferably on the aerodynamics team, or other extracurricular engineering team
REGENT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
This internship opportunity requires you to be on-site full-time at our headquarters located in North Kingstown, RI.