P&C Actuarial Intern
Job Description :
Be innovative. Be a leader. Most importantly – be your analytical, actuarial, awesome self.
Allstate is looking for more actuarial leaders, subject matter experts who can drive decisions as Allstate transforms and evolves into the future. An internship at Allstate is the first step. Are you up to the challenge?
An internship is a great way to gain valuable practical experience to jump start your career as an Actuary. Allstate’s actuarial internships offer a variety of independent projects, daily coaching and interaction with experienced professionals in a dynamic team environment. Features such as a comprehensive training program and an established mentoring initiative ensure that interns finish the summer prepared and invigorated for their future career. In addition to networking opportunities with a variety of Actuarial and industry professionals, Allstate interns will also enjoy camaraderie with a talented group of peers. The internship experience is so exceptional that in the last three years, over 90% of Allstate actuarial interns who have been offered full employment have accepted the offer to return to Allstate.
As an actuarial intern, you will gain a basic understanding of Allstate’s property and casualty business lines. Working closely with experienced analytical professionals, you will be accountable for timely completion of assignments involving auto, homeowners, specialty lines or business insurance, contributing to overall growth and profit goals of major initiatives. This is a virtual summer 2023 internship that will run for 12 weeks. During that 12 week timeframe, there will be an in-person experience available in our Chicagoland office location.
- Conducts reviews of rates for assigned states and product lines, analyzing profit and loss results, past and current trends, projecting underwriting losses and reviewing competitiveness of rates
- Completes detailed analyses, makes recommendations, and prepares rate package proposals for key business partners
- Prepares internal and external communications, including interactions with regulatory authorities and management that will describe and support rules and rate changes
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Math, Statistics or related field AND be in strong academic standing; must be a full time student the semester following the internship
- Pursuing actuarial designation
- Can analyze data and review analysis while demonstrating strong decision making skills
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office: Intermediate – Excel, Intermediate – Word, Beginner – Outlook, Basic – PowerPoint; standard knowledge in the use of data sources
- Strong written and verbal communication skills