External Events Intern
Since 1993, Women for Women International, a global NGO, has invested in the power of over 500,000 women who are forgotten – the women survivors of war and conflict. We support them in learning the social and economic skills they need to rebuild their lives, their families, and their communities.
Our core belief is that stronger women build stronger nations. Women who enroll in our programs in Afghanistan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Iraq, Kosovo, Nigeria, Rwanda, and South Sudan, break the isolation of war and conflict. They gain access to knowledge, resources, and tools needed to earn and save money, improve health and well-being, influence decisions in their home and community, and connect to networks for support.
Over the next ten years, our goal is to scale our impact to improve the lives of millions of the most marginalized women affected by war and conflict. Our vision is to create a world in which all women determine the course of their lives and reach their full potential.
We know that women pass on their knowledge to their neighbors and children, creating a ripple effect for generations. By investing in women, we create a better world for all of us – a world that’s more equal, peaceful, and prosperous.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conduct venue and background research and draft briefs about speakers, influencers, and funding prospects;
- Support event planning (in-person and virtually); draft invitations and track attendees
- Assist in the implementation of grassroots initiatives;
- Liaise with other departments such as marketing, communications, and the global programs unit; and as needed;
- Participate in External Engagement and Marketing, Development, and Communications meetings and conduct follow-up.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Undergraduate student in Marketing, Communications, international development or a related field;
- Strong research and critical thinking skills;
- Detail-oriented self-starter;
- Ability to work interdependently and communicate with people;
- Experience working in an office environment.