American Cities Program Summer Graduate/Undergraduate Intern
The Kresge Foundation is one of the top 20 private philanthropic foundations in the United States and the only one focused exclusively on expanding opportunities for people with low income in American Cities. With a $4.2 billion endowment and a staff of over 100 employees, the foundation deploys grants and social investments across arts and culture, education, environment, health, human services, and community development. The foundation’s state-of-the-art headquarters maintains an array of energy-efficient, water-conserving, and health-promoting systems. The foundation also operates an office in Detroit’s Midtown district.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Organize and participate in exchanges with community members and grantee-partners
- Support strategy development on interdisciplinary grantmaking initiatives
- Assist Program Officers with grantmaking in our focus cities
- Research neighborhoods in our focus cities
- Conduct research for special projects
- Analyze data related to community and economic development efforts in Fresno, Memphis, and New Orleans
- Support the team with data management and optimizing processes
- Current graduate student majoring in one of the following fields: Public Policy, Public Administration, Business, General Management, Urban Planning and Design
- Upper-level current undergraduate students (junior or senior) majoring in Public Policy, Public Administration, Business, General Management, Urban Planning, and Design, Data Sciences
- Graduate students who are in any year of grad school, including those graduating this year.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and experience with spreadsheets, data management tools, PowerPoint Presentations, etc.
- Passion for equity and racial justice.
What we offer our Interns:
- A pay rate of $30/hour for Graduate students
- A pay rate of $25/hour for undergraduate students
- Housing stipend of $350 per month
- Volunteer opportunity or virtual group activity
- Breakfast, lunch, and snacks daily for a minimal charge from our cafeteria