Software Engineer, Infrastructure Intern (Summer 2024)
SingleStore Infrastructure Software Engineers are at the core of our cloud transformation, driving the bridge between software development and operational stability. Operating in an agile, cloud-first environment, our team is pivotal in accelerating product delivery while ensuring optimal system performance, resilience, and scalability. At SingleStore, we deeply value the spirit of collaboration and innovation, always looking for ways to automate and optimize our infrastructural processes. We take pride in our accomplishments, celebrating both major milestones and the small daily wins that lead us towards them.
Role and Responsibilities
As Infrastructure Software Engineers you will be entrusted with the design, deployment, and maintenance of scalable, managed, and reliable cloud infrastructure. You will partner with talented engineers who are keen on mentoring and fostering a culture of continuous learning. With us, you’re not just a technical asset; you're an integral force pushing our business forward, collaborating closely with software development, data analytics, and business teams.
You're not just maintaining infrastructure; you're building robust platforms that enhance developer productivity and ensure the timely, reliable release of exceptional software products. Teaming up with seasoned engineers who are passionate about mentorship and knowledge sharing, you'll find an environment that champions both technical and personal growth.
Required Skills and Experience
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- Deep understanding of C.S. fundamentals, in particular operating systems, concurrency, multithreading, and server architectures
- Strong programming skills with Python or GoLang and proficient with Linux and Bash scripting
- Wanting to learn more about container orchestration (e.g., Kubernetes) and Infrastructure-as-Code tools like Terraform or CloudFormation.
- A fervor for automating processes, eliminating repetitive tasks, and improving system reliability.
- A passion to learn more about DevOps principles, CI/CD pipelines, and modern monitoring/logging tools.
- A fully paid internship with an opportunity to work on challenging/interesting projects throughout the summer
- Post internship opportunities (new grad opportunities and/or additional internships)
- Exposure to a hyper growth Silicon Valley scale up
- One on one mentorship through our mentorship program to ensure our interns have all the necessary support in addition to having high level access to managers
- Working on projects that matter: opportunities for projects to go live down the line
- Hackathon - being able to work on an “intern” only team for the hackathon (with some help from our full time engineers)
- Feedback system throughout the internship and at the end, including weekly one on ones with mentors and managers
- Company funded events in order to bond with fellow interns and full time employees (i.e baseball games, bowling, escape rooms)
- A full service office in San Francisco/Seattle which includes catered lunches
- Employment Status: Internship
- Work Authorization: Eligibility to work for a US based employer
- Location/Working classification: Hybrid Role - the office days are flexible and can be talked about with the hiring manager but the preference is for you to be located in Raleigh, North Carolina OR be remote on the eastern time zone
SingleStore delivers the cloud-native database with the speed and scale to power the world’s data-intensive applications. With a distributed SQL database that introduces simplicity to your data architecture by unifying transactions and analytics, SingleStore empowers digital leaders to deliver exceptional, real-time data experiences to their customers. SingleStore is venture-backed and headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Sunnyvale, Raleigh, Seattle, Lisbon, Hyderabad, Dublin, and Singapore.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
To all recruitment agencies: SingleStore does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to SingleStore employees. SingleStore is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.
SingleStore values individuals for their unique skills and experiences, and we’re proud to offer roles in a variety of locations across the United States. Salary is based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location, and is just one part of our total compensation and benefits package. Certain roles are also eligible for additional rewards, including merit increases and annual bonuses.
SingleStore’s base salary range for this position is: $25 - $50/hour USD
For candidates residing in California, please see our California Recruitment Privacy Notice. For candidates residing in the EEA, UK, and Switzerland, please see our EEA, UK, and Swiss Recruitment Privacy Notice.