2024 Summer Internship - Trading
Summer 2024 internships will be available in our Chicago and NYC offices.
Founded more than 15 years ago and headquartered in Chicago, the DV Group of financial services firms has grown to more than 350 people operating throughout North America and in Europe. Since spinning out of a large brokerage firm in 2016, DV Trading has rapidly scaled as an independent proprietary trading firm utilizing its own capital, trading strategies, and risk management methodologies to provide liquidity to worldwide financial markets and hedging opportunities to commodity producers and users. Now, DV group affiliates include two broker dealers, a cryptocurrency market making firm, and a bourgeoning investment adviser.
As a Trading Intern, you'll work with our trading teams and learn proprietary methodologies and trading systems that support an established trading business. You will build and maintain trading models, oversee, and improve daily processes as needed, analyze, and solve discrepancies in trade positions and identify new market opportunities. Trading interns work in a relatively flat organizational structure and are mentored by Senior Traders and other trading professionals on teams.
- Pursuing a BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, or a related field
- Strong interest in trading and model development
- A high level of proficiency with Excel, C++, C#, R, Python, and VBA is preferred
- Possess a strong work ethic and be able to learn quickly in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Demonstrate ability to learn and apply new concepts