Software Engineer Intern
We are: Accelerators of innovation. Enablers of collaboration. Protectors of ideas.
Code42 speeds the time to detect and respond to Insider Risks by delivering a fast, simple path to data loss detection, investigation and response. With our product, Incydr™, security teams easily protect corporate data and reduce insider risk while fostering a collaborative and productive culture for employees. We’re here to support organizations made up of people that move fast and think big. The ones who work together to solve hard problems and relentlessly pursue better.
You belong at Code42 if you crave being a part of a transparent and team-first culture, you want to drive innovation, and security is always top of mind. We look for authentic people who are inquisitive, enjoy solving complex problems, and provide diverse insights to help us think differently and thrive together.
Interested? Head to code42.com/careers to learn more about why we’ve consistently been recognized for the quality of our product and the culture of our company. Don’t wait. #BeCode42
As a Software Engineer Intern, you will be working alongside our team members of Research, Development and Operations. In this role, you’ll be evaluating, prototyping and implementing technologies, tools, and projects. You will be exposed to many aspects of the software development process and your work may include research, development, user-interface testing, quality assurance testing or related duties/tasks as assigned.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Working in an agile software development environment on the enhancement and development of Code42 products
- Collaborating with scrum team to fix bugs and address feature requests
- Actively contributing ideas for product improvements and solutions to technology challenges
- Taking ideas and innovating on them adding creativity and value
- Showing a passion for continued learning, staying abreast of new technology and trends
- Delivering clean code supporting consistent user experience and product quality
- Being a valued part of a best practices Agile Scrum development organization
- Learning about product development at an industry leading software company
- Working with open source libraries used in the web application
WHAT YOU BRING:
- While being mentored, this individual should have the ability to work relatively autonomously, be self-driven and excited about the quest for knowledge.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Willingness to ask questions and take initiative
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field with at least two years of coursework completed
- Ability to work full time (40 hours a week) from May 28th - August 16th (expected dates)
- Ability to work hybrid (in office 2 days a week)
- You might have some experience with the tools that comprise our tech stack:
- Languages: TypeScript
- Libraries: React
- CSS Preprocessors: Styled Components, Sass/Less
- Tools: Webpack, Jest, Cypress
- Development Infrastructure: Git (Bitbucket), Jira, Concourse
A first-class onboarding experience which includes professional development and personal development all while learning and living our Code42 values. We provide comprehensive benefits that include; health, dental, vision, and wellness, 401k + employer match, parental leave, pet insurance, generous paid time off and volunteer opportunities. At Code42 everyone is an owner. We participate in commission or bonus plans and all employees receive stock options. We win together.
Code42 values workplace diversity and ensuring an environment of mutual respect. Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regards to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. We believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer