2024 Summer Quantitative Investment Internship
Global Atlantic offers a highly competitive and enriching summer internship experience. Our internship program starts on Monday, June 3rd and concludes on Friday, August 9th. This is a 10-week program. Our internship program is hybrid (3 days in the office, 2 days remotely) and front office positions in NY are 4 days in the office.
Global Atlantic Financial Group is a leader in the U.S. life insurance and annuity industry, serving the needs of individuals and institutions. With differentiated investment and risk management capabilities, deep client relationships, and a strong financial foundation, the company has established a track record of delivering proven, value-added solutions and long-term growth. Global Atlantic is a majority-owned subsidiary of KKR, a leading global investment firm that offers asset management and capital markets solutions across multiple strategies.
Global Atlantic is looking for a diverse team of talented individuals who reinforce our culture of collaboration and innovation. We are dedicated to the career development of our people because we know they are critical to our long-term success. Join our team and come grow with us.
We use Greenhouse as our scheduling tool and communicate through their systems. At times, your email may block our communications. Please be sure to check your SPAM so that you do not miss critical information about our process, including scheduling.
GLOBAL ATLANTIC'S INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Global Atlantic offers an immersive 10 week summer internship program that allows students to learn critical skills in a business setting. Our program runs from June 3, 2024 to August 9, 2024. We offer Executive Business Overviews, Networking Challenges, Social Events, interaction with senior leaders, meaningful work and so much more. We pride ourselves on offering a diverse and inclusive environment for all to succeed. We are thrilled that you have considered Global Atlantic in your Internship search.
The Quantitative Investments Intern position is open to undergraduate students from any technical field of study. Interns will join the New York-based Investment Team that manages the firm’s $60+ billion investment account. The Quantitative Investments Intern role encompasses the following:
- Keeping abreast of the latest events in the financial markets and developing insurance industry and capital markets knowledge
- Helping the asset-liability management and analytics teams with investment analysis, portfolio monitoring, and maintenance of analytics platforms
- Analyzing data for investment desks in order to drive better business decision
- Learning about Global Atlantic’s investment products, including Credit, Asset Allocation and Asset Origination regarding their purposes, strategies, methods of operation, and daily functioning
- An introduction to Global Atlantic, its employees, history, philosophy, and all aspects of its business divisions by working alongside experienced professionals in their respective specialties
- December 2024 or May 2025 graduates with outstanding academic record in Computer Science, Engineering, Operations Research, Finance, or similar fields of study preferred
- Strong developer with experience in one or more general purpose programming languages such as Python, Java, or C/C++
- Experience with data analysis, distributed computing, and database management skills
- Demonstrated interest in finance, economics and capital markets
- Strong leadership, initiative and interpersonal skills; entrepreneurial and creative mindset
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, including workstreams that cover new ground for the team
- High energy with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment and think clearly under pressure
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship now or in the future
Various jurisdictions have passed pay transparency laws that require companies provide salary ranges for any positions for which they are accepting applications.
Global Atlantic’s Intern Salary is determined through an analysis of similar positions in the external labor market. The Intern Salary is based on yearly compensation and will be paid for 10 weeks during the program. Intern Salary is just one component of Global Atlantic’s total compensation package for interns. Other rewards may include an intern cash stipend, employee contributions to a 401(k), as well as a company match on your contributions, and branded gifts. The Intern Salary for this role is $110,000.
TOTAL REWARDS STATEMENT
Global Atlantic’s total rewards package is reflective of our corporate values, particularly diversity, excellence and innovation, with a focus on inclusion, pay equity, and flexibility. We are proud to support you during your internship with a 401k match program with immediate vesting (with the exception of Bermuda), competitive compensation, and a stipend to support your experience.
Over the 10 weeks you will be immersed in an inclusive environment with opportunities to participate in:
- Days of Inclusion
- DE&I Challenge
- National Intern Day Celebration
- Weekly Business Overviews and fireside chats with leaders
- Social events
- and more!
Social platforms provide an environment to collaborate with others and participate in friendly competitions towards achieving physical, emotional and financial well-being. Our highly competitive health, retirement, life and disability plans can be tailored to best suit your needs and those of your whole family.
Global Atlantic is committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can meaningfully contribute to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate in employment on any basis that is prohibited by federal, state or local laws. More than that, we strive to be inclusive of all backgrounds and experiences, which we feel gives us a competitive advantage in the market and within our firm. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Employees who require an accommodation to perform the essential functions of their job will participate in an interactive process which may include providing documentation. If you are hired and require an accommodation for any protected status, please email email@example.com.
Please click on the links below to learn more about Global Atlantic.
Here is our ESG report. We are so proud!